Congratulations! I LOVE weddings, and am truly devoted to capturing the memories from your wedding day that you’ll treasure for a lifetime.
I genuinely love attending weddings, but being the person who gets to photograph weddings as a career and being able to share in other couples’ ‘best day ever’ is an absolute privilege. My typical style of photography is vibrant (I love colour!) and fun, yet timeless and romantic, but I’m more than happy to try and be flexible to any requests. I’m a friendly, enthusiastic and dedicated character, who enjoys interacting with people and wants to make your wedding day as relaxed as possible and as unique as your are. Every couple and every wedding is different, so I aim to really get to know each couple I work with so I can capture the feelings and memories that make your photographs special and personal to you.
Are You Looking For A York Wedding Photographer?
Hello! My Name is Julia!
My name is Julia Healey, and I am a well-known York wedding photographer. I love to take the natural approach when I am shooting weddings. To be the best wedding photographer, I like to get to know my bride and groom. When I put together my plan for your beautiful wedding photos, I want to include many colours and different vibrant images.
I love that I can now call the city of York my home! After moving to the area, I quickly became acquainted with the fantastic buildings and views throughout the Yorkshire countryside. With wedding photography as my career, I can capture the beauty of the venues during the most precious time in a couple’s life. A wedding day is the most special day a bride can ever imagine. The location of the ceremony is essential, and York is the perfect area for your wedding.
York Wedding Photography
I will always do my best to provide you with the wedding photographs you want. I love colour images but also like to contrast those with black and white photos which look stunning in a wedding album. I understand how emotional your wedding day will be. I feel honoured and privileged to be the one you have chosen to capture the precious moments you will want to remember. I’ve covered weddings at many venues in York and throughout Yorkshire.
The Rich History of York
Known as a ‘cathedral city’, York has deep Roman roots. It was founded in 71 AD as a Roman province capital. Many ancient structures still stand, including many of the earliest cathedrals. As a York wedding photographer, there are many beautiful locations and wedding venues in the North Yorkshire area.
The city of York has a very long and rich history. It has survived for almost 2,000 years, including the destruction of World War II. Many old buildings damaged over the years were gutted and have now been restored to their natural glory. From North to South Yorkshire, many beautiful buildings and churches have stood the test of time and still remain in excellent condition. Unsurprisingly, Yorkshire is a tourist hotspot attracting visitors from throughout the world. York’s reputation means it is busy at all times of the year with tourists.
Throughout England, Yorkshire is chosen by couples for their wedding day celebration because of the many cathedrals and historic buildings that have been licensed as Grade 1 listed wedding venues. Newlyweds married in York will often stay for several days to enjoy their honeymoon and relax after their big day.
York Wedding Venues
York has numerous wedding venues where any professional photographer would enjoy taking photographs. A few venue favourites include:
- Merchant Taylors’ Hall – is a distinctive medieval building in York which has hosted important events for over 600 years. This 15th-century venue is located in the centre of York and benefits from its own grounds, making it an ideal setting for your wedding. Merchant Taylor’s Hall can accommodate 40-120 wedding guests, depending on your requirements.
- Villa Farm York – A rural wedding venue with luxury holiday cottage accommodation, Villa Farm York is ideal for indoor and outdoor wedding ceremonies. Set in beautiful countryside, you can hire the whole place to yourself for exclusive use. Just 4 miles north of York near Weighton, this venue is worth considering if you are looking for a relaxed, rustic-style wedding.
- York Pavilion Hotel – This beautiful Georgian house is located to the South of York. York Pavilion Hotel is a popular wedding venue with a lot of history surrounding music – the childhood home of John Barry, which has also been visited by Duke Ellington and the Beatles. There are themed rooms for guests to stay in overnight and a number of different function rooms that can be used to host your ceremony and wedding breakfast.
- Hazlewood Castle – Located near York and Leeds in East Yorkshire, Hazlewood Castle has over 30 bedrooms and two restaurants to serve all your wedding needs. It offers a 5-star experience for couples who want luxury and comfort. It is a hotel and spa combination that allows you to enjoy your wedding day and evening to the fullest.
- The Normans – The Normans is a one-of-a-kind wedding venue. Located close to Charlotte, this venue is a beautiful family home. The Robinsons’ have lived on the property for three generations. There are no cookie-cutter weddings here. Each wedding is unique and is as special as the couple it celebrates.
- Birdsall House – Birdsall Estates has many amazing features. It is a stately home with beautiful gardens that are full of colour. Its picturesque countryside and lavish furnishings make it an excellent option for wedding photographs.
York Wedding Photographer – Contact Me
Preparing for your wedding will take time. You should schedule your wedding photographer as soon as possible. My schedule books very quickly. The sooner we get your date on my calendar, the sooner we can start planning. I work hard to have everything for your special day weeks in advance. I leave little room for error. If needed, I can even have a second shooter on hand to ensure every beautiful moment is captured. Let’s work together to ensure your wedding day is as unique and beautiful as you are!
Contact me today for a chat about your wedding plans. Speak soon!